- How long has the attorney been in practice?
- Does his/her practice focus on a particular area of law?
- How long has he/she focused on the particular area of law?
- What percentage of his/her practice is devoted to Elder Law or Special Needs Law?
- Is there a fee for the first consultation with the attorney, and if so, how much is it?
- Given the nature of your case, what specific information/documentation should you bring to the initial consultation?
The answers to these questions will help you determine whether the attorney has the qualifications important for a successful attorney/client relationship and resolution to your case. If you have a specific legal issue that requires immediate attention be sure to inform the office of this during the initial telephone conversation.
This material comes from the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. www.NAELA.org